Published on November 4th, 2014 | by Across the Board Games Staff0
Game Submissions Returning in 2015
Hello Game Designers!
Over the past 18 months, Across The Board Games has reviewed nearly 40 games by indie developers and designers. We have enjoyed getting to know you all and watching your games grow from prototpyes to fully-printed Kickstarter successes and look forward to reading about your latest games and ventures in the future.
To better serve our indie designers we are going through some changes in our review submission process for game reviews. We will have submission guidelines and limited sign ups for each month to ensure we can efficiently and thoroughly play and review your game.
1. Submission Guidelines:
Our decision to add submission guidelines is to make the review process easier and proceed more smoothly without having to track down additional information. Upon requesting ATBG to review your game, please make sure that you meet the following criteria:
- Your game has a dedicated website
- This could be a personal site, blog or splash page that has information about the game. We want to be able to link to this page
- You have a PDF or link to the most recent game rulebook
- We are reviewing rules for future submissions to make sure they are clear and that there are no glaring errors
- Your game has had public playtesting
- This criteria relies on the honor system. We highly encourage designers to bring their games to play with strangers at conventions, public game stores, events, etc. It is important to receive public feedback outside of your circle of friends especially from gamers who might want to but your game in the future.
Upon preparing all these materials, please send us a request (beginning January 1, 2015) using our contact form or you may email Nicole directly. Meeting these guidelines won’t necessarily gurantee a review of your game nor will it ensure a “positive” review; but submissions that meet the criteria will be prioritized over those that do not.
2. Sign Ups:
If your game meets the guidelines, our resident email magician and writer, Nicole, will respond to your request with shipping information and when you can expect the review to publish. More details regarding number of sign ups will be available in January 2015.
Bonus: Game Designers Resources Coming Soon!
As some of you may know, Luke and Nicole have been working on their first game Food Truck Showdown which will come to Kickstarter in 2015. They are currently in the process of finishing art work, preparing prototypes and will be setting up a website in the next couple months. They want to be as open as possible with the creation of their game so that other indie designers can see the process of creating a game and taking it from amateur to professional quality.
To do that Nicole and Luke will be sharing a lot of their creative process, artistic critique and tutorials in articles and videos! That’s right–you’ll soon see even more of their faces on the internet and in the convention scene as well. So please stay tuned for the next couple of months and through 2015 as we make some changes to our site that will help Across The Board Games become a more thorough resource for indie designers and gamers.
We appreciate your patience and your continued support. Thank you from all of us here at Across The Board Games!